I work with higher education organizations and institutions to identify, design, lead, and assess high impact learner-centered approaches that make a difference. I also provide a variety of consultative services to support quality assurance and accreditation, program review or development, strategic change initiatives, innovations, and faculty, team, and leadership development.
Project types include:
- COVID-19 scenario and implementation planning
- Accreditation strategy, process planning, report development, data and exhibit strategy, and visit preparation (institutional and programmatic)
- Evaluation of curricular and co-curricular programs, services, and operational approaches, including general education, tutoring and supplemental learning support, career services, and advising
- Strategy, design, and implementation of new initiatives
- Strategic planning – KPIs, goals, metrics
- Grants development and management
- Policy review, development, and implementation
- Learning outcomes assessment
- Educational and institutional effectiveness strategies
- Team, faculty, staff, and leadership development
Areas of expertise:
- Planning and effectiveness
- Student-focused employability and career development – including high quality internship programming, employer partnerships, work-integrated learning design, and integrative approaches for professional development and career services
- Programming for adult and new-traditional student populations
- Faculty and staff development in teaching and learning practices
- Assessment of learning outcomes, program quality, student development, and overall educational effectiveness
- Prior learning assessment; competency-based learning
- Badging, co-curricular transcripts, digital portfolios
- High impact practices, including mentoring, applied learning, and community-engaged learning
- Prison University Project – Design and implementation of an educational effectiveness framework and ACCJC accreditation preparation aligned with future organizational planning.
- Menlo College – External program review of Menlo College’s Academic Support Services (Rising Scholars Program, Peer Tutoring Program, Math Center, and Writing and Oral Communication Center).
- Clackamas Community College – External review of the assessment program and regional accreditation report.
- School for New Learning, DePaul University – Prior Learning Assessment curriculum review and development.
- The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Programs – Assessing student learning strategies and assessment program development.