I am a higher education leader focused on ensuring high quality learning programs and institutional vitality. I have 25 years of impact, centered primarily on leadership for academic and co-curricular programming, with an emphasis on innovative, high impact curricular development, student learning, assessment and evaluation, faculty development, student support and engagement, and quality assurance and accreditation.
My expertise has been developed across a variety of organizations and institutions primarily serving new-traditional learners (working adults, first-generation, and new-majority students) with a focus on experiential and community-based learning; employability development; prior learning assessment and competency-based models; and institutional innovation, improvement, effectiveness, and quality.
Also: #AllLearningCounts is my soapbox.
HIGHER ED LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
CURRENT ROLE: I currently serve as the Vice President for Educational Programs and Engagement at the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). NC-SARA’s mission is to provide broad access to postsecondary education opportunities to students across the country, to increase the quality and value of higher learning credentials earned via distance education, and to assure students are well served in a rapidly changing education landscape.
PREVIOUS LEADERSHIP ROLES
- Founding Executive Director – The Quality Assurance Commons for Higher & Postsecondary Education / National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (NCHEMS) (2016-2018)
- Vice President for Educational Programming – WASC Senior College & University Commission (WSCUC) (2013-2016)
- Special Assistant to the President – Special Projects / Grant-Funded Programs – WASC Senior College & University Commission (WSCUC) (2013)
- Dean of Learning & Assessment – Marylhurst University (2009-2013)
- Director / Faculty, Center for Experiential Learning & Assessment (CELA); Prior Learning Assessment – Marylhurst University (2005-2013)
- Director, Learning Resource Program Saint Mary’s College of California, School of Extended Education (2001-2005)
- Ed.D. – Educational Leadership & Change – Higher Educational Systems. Fielding Graduate University, Santa Barbara, CA: July 2007
- M.A. – English– Rhetoric & Writing Studies. San Diego State University, San Diego, CA: May 1995
- B.A. – English. Emphasis: English Teacher Preparation / Minor: Speech and Language Pathology. Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA: May 1992 with Honors
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Linguistics/English as a Second Language. San Diego State University, San Diego, CA: 1995
- Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching & Learning. California State University East Bay, Hayward, CA: 2000
- WASC Senior College & University Commission Assessment Leadership Academy Alameda, CA: 2011-2012
Please email me for a copy of my full vitae: email@example.com.